ServSwitch Wizard SRX DVI-D/USB Extender, Single-Head. This extender transmits both full single-link DVI video and transparent USB over a single CATx cable.
- Local unit
- Remote unit
- USB and DVI-D cables
- 3.5-mm audio cable
- Power supply
- Power cord (IEC-320)
- Safety insert with link for online user manual
- Mounting plate for local or remote unit
- Send perfect 1080p digital video up to 196 feet (59.7 m) over CAT7a cable without compression or delay of video data. See more cabling and distance information below.
- Get resolutions up to 165 MPixels per second per video head, the maximum rate available on single-link DVI connections.
- Purely digital video remains crisp and clean with no loss of quality because there's no conversion.
- Delivers bidirectional USB signals.
- Extended profile DDC EDID ensures optimal video with high-performance display devices.
- Ideal for broadcasting, graphic design, medical imaging, and other applications where display performance is critical.
- Plug-and-play setup.
Purely digital for pure video
Because the extender delivers full DVI digital video without compression or conversion, you get pure video displays with no loss of quality. The extender uses CAT7a cable to extend keyboard, mouse, and uncompressed single-link DVI-D video up to 196 feet (59.7 m) at full 1920 x 1200 at 60 Hz or 3840 x 2400 at 17 Hz resolution! It's ideal where you want to reduce environment concerns, such as heat and noise, and ensure optimal temperature control.
Go the distance
You'll get different distances depending on what cable you use and if you make direct connections or patch panel connections.
Direct cable connections:
- CAT7a: 196 feet (59.7 m)
- CAT6: 180 feet (54.8 m)
- CAT5e: 147 feet (44.8 m)
Patch Panel Connections:
- CAT7a: 164 feet (50 m)
- CAT6: 147 feet (44.8 m)
- CAT5e: 114 feet (34.7 m)
USB keyboard and mouse support
The extender also delivers bidirectional USB data, enabling USB device extension over 196 feet (59.7 m) on the same CAT7a cable. This makes the extender ideal for distributed workstations where you want to reduce environmental concerns such as heat and noise, such as in post-production suites. The extender supports a variety of USB keyboards and mice and other human interface devices (HIDs) such as touchscreens.
Extended profile DDC EDID
The Wizard DVI/USB carries extended profile DDC EDID data from your display device to the display adapter to ensure that your system is configured to deliver optimal video performance. The extended profile DDC EDID is particularly important when extending video to high performance display devices. This is essential for professional graphics users such as post production, broadcast, architecture, graphic design, medical imaging, CAD or any other applications where display performance is critical.