VPE Ultrasonic Leak Detector Plus Kit
- VPE Leak Detector
- Hard Case
- Touch Probe
- Sound Generator
The Patented Superior AccuTrak® VPE represents state-of-the-art technology for pinpointing leaks is air conditioning and refrigeration systems. AccuTrak® is extremely sensitive to the ultrasonic sound of a turbulent gas leak. Using a technology called "heterodyning" it translates the sound to a lower frequency which your ear can interpret. AccuTrak maintains the original sound characteristics making it possible to distinguish leaks from other competing background sounds. AccuTrak is so sensitive you can actually hear the blink of an eye, yet most background noise will not interfere with detection accuracy.
The AccuTrak® VPE Plus Kit is designed for technicians looking to take full advantage of all the VPE's many capabilities. The VPE Plus Kit includes everything in our Standard Kit – PLUS our powerful Burst Tone Sound Generator! The sophisticated Burst Tone can artificially pressurize any vessel or space with ultrasonic sound, allowing a technician to quickly scan for leaks even where there is no actual pressure differential!
The VPE Plus Kit is ideal for technicians who test refrigerator door and window seals, or any other non-pressurized seal or vessel. The VPE Plus Kit is also great for Energy Audits and Surveys, and finding air leaks and sources of air infiltration in homes, aircraft, ships, and buildings.
- Leak Detection: Air, Vacuum, Refrigerants; ANY GAS!
- Steam Traps: Detect live steam loss in seconds!
- Valves: Detect/hear internal leakage in check, ball, needle, gate or any type of valve! Diagnose thermal expansion valves in just five minutes!
- Bearing Wear: Hear wear and lubrication problems before damage is done!
- Audio Output: 0 Hz to 4 kHz Natural Sound conversion allows you to Hear the Leak, and distinguish leaks from mechanical or other background ultrasound.
- Visual Output: 10 element bar graph provides quick and intuitive visual indication to presence of and relative strength of ultrasound.
- Adjustable Sensitivity: Allows operator to quickly identify leaks from a distance, and then zero in on the exact location of the leak.
- Capable of detecting a 5 psi leak out of a 0.005" (5/1000 inch) hole, 20 to 30 feet away depending on background noise.
- Easily detects any gas that generates ultrasonic sound during flow - including vacuum leaks.
- Capable of detecting leaks equivalent to 1.5 oz/year of Refrigerant.
- Works equally well for compressed Air or Nitrogen.
- Not affected by wind or high concentrations of leaked gas or refrigerant.
AccuTrak® VPE Advantages Versus Sniffers:
- Is a much more accurate and reliable instrument for detecting single and multiple leaks.
- Can detect any type of refrigerant gas including nitrogen.
- Detects both vacuum and pressure leaks.
- Is effective in gas saturated areas and under windy conditions.
- Does not require the introduction of tracer gases into the system, which can be ozone depleting when vented, and can also be harmful to ones health.
- Is battery powered for cordless operation
AccuTrak® VPE Advantages versus other Ultrasonic Leak Detectors:
- Is #1 in technology. We wrote the book on ultrasonic leak detection, our patented instruments lead the industry!
- Is the original! it is not a copy.
- Is the most durable unit available, with the best warranty. The face of the unit is sealed with no pin holes/speakers for foreign objects to enter.
- Has more dynamic range, and wont overload in loud areas.
- Gives true audio sound reproduction instead of the "beeps and squeals" of other instruments.