Digital Clamp-On Meter Amp Plus. The 291 is a hand-held manual ranging clamp-on DMM, an affordable choice offering measurements in all basic electrical functions.
- Agency UL Listed to U.S. and Canadian Safety Standards. Meets CE and IEC 1010.
- 4000 Count Improves the resolution on all functions and ranges.
- Data Hold Maintains the reading on the display for hard to reads areas.
- Peak Mode Measure the inrush current of motors, relays and solenoids.
- Sleep Mode Automatically powers down after 10 minutes of inactivity
- Clamp meter
- 9 Volt Alkaline Battery
- Test Lead Set
- Soft Carrying Pouch
291 hand-held manual ranging clamp-on DMM
TPI offers a full line of digital clamp-on meters for electrical, commercial, HVAC/R, industrial and process control applications.
- 700 Amps AC
- Measure AC/DC volts, resistance and continuity
- Peak hold function
- Data hold
- CAT III 600 V rated
- cULus 61010
- 3-year limited warranty
The 291 is a hand-held manual ranging clamp-on DMM. The 291 is an affordable choice offering measurements in all basic electrical functions.
- Bar Graph: When measuring frequency, bar graph indicates current level.
- Peak Mode: For start-up and inrush currents.
- Sleep Mode: Preserves battery life.
- Data Hold: Holds the reading on the display for easy viewing.
Perform the following tests and/or measurements with the 291 and the appropriate function:
ACA • Heat anticipator current in thermostats.
ACV • Line voltage.
ACV or DCV • Control circuit voltage.
OHMS • Heating element resistance (continuity).
OHMS • Compressor winding resistance.
OHMS • Contactor and relay coil resistance.
ACA • Motor and compressor start up current.
OHMS • Continuity of wiring.
ALL • Bar graph to indicate rapid fluctuations.
ACV • Measure line voltage.
ACA • Measure line current.
OHMS • Continuity of circuit breakers.
DCV • Voltage of direct drive DC motors.
ACA • Start up current of motors, relays, contactors and transformers.
ACV • Measure power supply voltage.
ACA • Measure power supply current.
OHMS • Continuity of circuit breakers and fuses.
- Thermocouples in furnaces and gas appliances
- Heat anticipator current in thermostats
- Test line and control voltage
- Compressor winding resistance
- Contactor and relay coil resistance
- Motor and compressor startup current
- Continuity of wiring
- Measure line current
- Test continuity of circuit breakers and fuses
- Measure voltage of direct drive DC motors
- Measure power supply voltage
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How does the non-contact voltage feature of the TPI 270 and 275 benefit me?
The non-contact feature of the TPI 270 and 275 allows you to detect live circuits without using the test leads, which enables faster checks for the presence of voltage.
2. Which of the TPI clamp-on meters will measure temperature?
The 270 and 275 have this feature built in and the 255, 265, and 291 can measure temperature by using the optional A301 or a A312 K-type thermocouple adapters.
3. Which TPI clamp-ons can measure DC microamps?
The TPI 270 and 275 has the capability to measure DC microamps by using the test leads. This is very useful for making flame safety control current measurements. The 265 can measure DC microamps with the optional A213 adapter.
4. Does a clamp-on meter measure anything besides amps?
All TPI clamp-on meters measure AC/DC volts and resistance. Models are available with temperature, frequency, capacitance, and non-contact voltage detection capability as well as many other features. Various adapters including temperature (A301 or A312), carbon monoxide (A771), and pressure (A620/630) are available. Contact TPI for additional information.
5. Is it possible to measure AC amps on a device that uses a power cord?
Yes, to accomplish this you can use the TPI line splitter (A202). AC amps must be measured by isolating a single wire and the A202 line splitter does this without damaging the power cord.
TPI Model 291 Demonstration Video