Series PLS Paddle Level Switch, SPDT, Weatherproof, 120 VAC Power Supply
Economical Rotary Paddle Level Control
Incorporated in the design of the PLS is a magnetic drive that is time proven by decades of use in our Mark Series valve position indicator product line. A 1 rpm synchronous motor rotates the paddle, utilizing a magnetic drive. As product builds up, the paddle is impeded from moving and the resulting motor torque activates the output switches and stops the motor. A spring mechanism reactivates the motor and returns the switches to normal state when the product no longer impedes the paddle rotation.
Standard construction is weatherproof with explosion-proof optional, and the unit can be side or top mounted. The PLS is designed with the industry standard 1-1/4" male NPT connection and mounting flanges.
- Magnetic drive that isolates and completely seals the control head from the process and environment preventing material or dust from entering the control head.
- Motor shuts-off when paddle stalls increasing motor life, preventing motor burnout, and decreasing power usage.
- Slip clutch design enabled by the magnetic drive that prevents damage to motor and drive mechanism from sudden or excessive loading on the paddle.
- Status indication light on weatherproof models.
- Screw cover on the enclosure for easy access with no worries about losing bolts or screws.
- Modular design to allow field installation of any paddle, flanges, shaft extensions, or shaft guards.
- Flexible coupling available for protection of the paddle and drive from side loads, surges or impacts. Recommended for top mount applications with shaft extension and applications with large or heavy materials.
- UL-Auxiliary Devices
- UL-Motor Controllers-US