USA E8 Portafuge 8-Place Variable-Speed Centrifuge with Timer, 12V Car
The USA E8 Portafuge is designed, engineered, and assembled at LW Scientific's ISO-certified, FDA-registered manufacturing facility in Lawrenceville, GA. Expect American quality as well as customary LW Scientific support. This model is loaded with features and improvements, such as higher speeds for faster and cleaner separations, quieter operation, lower chamber temperatures for cooler test-tube samples, and auto-calibrating function for precision speeds. It even has an auto-brake to stop the rotor in less than 20 seconds to save time. Simply place the centrifuge into the included car seat, strap the car seat into your vehicle, and insert the power cord into your car's 12v power outlet.
- Eight-place tube rotor
- Eight 15ml tube sleeves
- Eight 13x75mm tube sleeve inserts
- Car seat
- Car adapter
- 45° Angled rotor, 8-tube capacity
- Holds 3ml to 15ml size tubes
- 12 volt DC maintenance-free motor
- Clear view port in lid for using tachometer
- Suction-cupped feet prevent slipping
- Lid safety shut-off switch
- Maximum RCF=1,534g
- 3,500 rpm with variable speed control (blood, urines)
- Auto-off 30-minute timer with bell
- Dimensions: 9.5" x 11" x 11"
- Weight: 9.5 lb.
- Accurate speeds for specific g-forces
- Proper separations without cell damage
- Quiet, vibration-free operation
- Auto-brake stops the rotor in less than 30 seconds
- Designed, Engineered, and Assembled
- Proudly in America
Note: Do not operate centrifuge while driving.
Benefits of Mobile Centrifugation
Home-health nurses and medics often draw blood from patients to run lab tests.
Common serum tests are:
- CMP - Comprehensive Metabolic Profile, runs 14 different tests.
- BMP - Basic Metabolic Profile, runs 8 different tests.
Are you spinning down your tubes within one hour?
It is highly recommended that CMP and BMP tubes be spun within one hour otherwise glucose test results may be falsely low, and potassium test results may be falsely high. To solve this issue home-health nurses often travel out to a home, back to the lab, out to the next home, back to the lab, etc. If centrifugation is not possible within 1 hour, the nurse may need to draw an additional Sodium Fluoride preservative tube to attain accurate Glucose test results, adding more time and expense.
Skewed results from un-spun blood tubes can necessitate a re-draw from thepatient, causing additional physical pain, time, expense, and frustration.
Without a Portable Centrifuge Expect
- Higher costs for additional reagents
- Higher costs for more test tubes and supplies
- Higher costs for additional lab testing
- Higher travel expenses
- Fewer home patient visits per day
- Less accurate lab test results
With The Portafuge Expect
- Twice the customers per day
- Reduced miles
- Lower costs for tubes and reagents
- More accurate lab test results
- More satisfied patients
- Greater profit