Visual Workplace, also known as Visual Factory or Visual Management, is a lean manufacturing concept that emphasizes the need for critical information at the point of use.
Although often overlooked, visuals are vital to optimizing efficiency and safety. The visual workplace model can greatly improve your productivity, cost, quality, on-time delivery, inventory and equipment reliability.
A critical step on your lean or 5S journey is the "Red Tag" step. Brady is offering a line of products to help companies visually and effectively manage their red tag programs. These products include the red tags themselves, red tag signs, and red tag stations and kits to help keep the area organized.
Red Tag area Stations and Centers
Three different stations to choose from, allowing all your red tag supplies to stored out on the shop floor for easy access.5S Red Tag Board
5S Red Tag + Clipboard Station
- Highly visible board to store your red tags at the point of need
- Two options to contain either 100 3.75"x5" "Red Tags" or 100 7"x4" "Red Tags"
5S Red Tag Binder Station
- Essential station that keeps your entire red tag program organized!
- Comes with a "Red Tag Log" Clipboard to record assets that have been red tagged
- Stations can include either 100 3.75"x5" "Red Tags" or 100 7"x4" "Red Tags"
- Wall-mounted binder station for keeping a log of all assets that have been red tagged
- Contains a wire basket, backboard with "Red Tag Log" header, and 1.5" binder
Target Matkets / Users & Applications
A Red Tag program is utilized by companies looking to take the next step in their lean/5S initiative. Continuous improvement typically starts with workplace organization, and a Red Tag program is the first step in the 5S's: Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize and Sustain.