T1/E1 to Fiber Mux, Single-Mode Duplex SC, 30 km
- Aggregates four independent T1/E1 channels onto a fiber optic segment for distance.
- Order a second unit for the remote conversion back to T1/E1 lines.
- Duplex single-mode fiber port supports leased line extensions up to 30 kilometers (18.6 mi.).
- Ideal for extending T1 connections over fiber to remote PBX equipment.
- Local loop back on both the copper and fiber ports.
- Also offers remote fiber loop back and circuit test modes.
- Configurable alarm relay contacts enable you to set up audio/visual fault notification.
Get extra distance for your T1 or E1 communications with a pair of T1/E1 to Fiber Muxes. Unlike ordinary fiber-based T1 extenders, the four-port muxes eliminate the requirement that each channel have its own fiber link.
In a typical enterprise application, these unmanaged muxes use optical media to aggregate and extend four T1 or E1 channels from a local PBX to four T1/E1 connections at a remote PBX.
Use them also for mobile backhaul applications where you want a cost-effective multiservice platform that's capable of delivering TDM services over a fiber link. Extend four, T1 lines from your TDM network to a cell site, for instance.
With fiber optics, your T1 or E1 communications also receive the benefits of security, immunity against EMI and RFI, and protection against the harmful effects of ground loops.
The T1/E1 to Fiber Muxes offer simple installation and use. DIP switches are used to configure the units for T1/E1 line operation and enabling port alarm relays. For troubleshooting, the T1/E1 to Fiber Mux offers local loop back on both the copper and fiber ports, as well as remote fiber loop back and circuit test pattern modes-minimizing the need for testing functions at both ends of the link.
Multimode versions of the T1/E1 to Fiber Mux are also available, as well as both multimode and single-mode models with an integrated copper Ethernet connection.
NOTE: Must be used in pairs.
NOTE: When configuring the mux for E1 coax operation, you'll need G.703 75-120 Adapters (MT256A-F) to convert the RJ-48 ports to dual BNC. This product works with:
- G.703 75-120 Adapter (MT256A-F)
- T1 Cable (ETNMR01, ETNMRS01)