All-PTFE Filter Reactor, 500 mL
Complete, Fluorine Chemistry, 500 mL
- Reactor Body (8.88 in. length; O.D. = 3.5 in.) 6391-05
- PTFE Head (60mm, 4 openings, 24/40) 12858-15
- CAPFE o-ring (60mm) 7855-878
- Quick Release Clamp (60mm) 6517-22
- Bottom Filter Assembly (#50) 5838-83
- Bottom Valve (1/4-inch/3/8-inch) 5839-42
- Adapter 5844-120
- PTFE Filter Supports (#50) (Pkg. of 12) 5814-19
- Stirrer Bearing (10mm) 13443-12
- PTFE Coated Stainless Steel Shaft with Agitator (10mm) 13852-10
This all-PTFE 500mL filter reactor is an extension of the famous ACE borosilicate glass filter reactor product line. The head, head joints, body, stir-bearing, bottom filter assembly with valve, and stir shaft with agitator are all PTFE. Even the o-rings are PTFE encapsulated. The filter supports are polypropylene.
The bottom filter assembly is a #50 Ace-Thred, and it easily threads in and out for the capture of filtrate, or for cleaning. This unit is excellent for fluorine chemistry work, as well as for any work using strong alkalis, where glass can't be used. A Halar coated stainless steel internal coil (optional) can be used for heating or cooling the contents.
The support stand (13586 or 13550-21) and chain clamp (11079) are not included. We recommend a Caframo BDC2010 stir-motor (13566-05), a Julabo circulator (12254-33) for heating/cooling, and Ace/J-Kem 260T temperature controller (12318-05) with a 12-inch PTFE coated "T" temperature sensor (12318-25).