Gooseneck Ultrasonic Leak Detector Plus Kit
- VPE-GN Leak Detector
- Hard Case
- Sound Generator
The Patented Superior AccuTrak® VPE-GN "Gooseneck" represents state-of-the-art technology for pinpointing leaks in air conditioning and refrigeration systems. The new 9-1/2" flexible Gooseneck provides better detection in hard-to-reach places, and is great for automotive applications too. AccuTrak® is extremely sensitive to the ultrasonic sound of a turbulent gas leak. Using the latest "heterodyning" technology it translates the sound to a lower frequency which your ear can interpret.
The VPE-GN maintains the original sound characteristics making it possible to distinguish leaks from other competing background sounds. AccuTrak® is so sensitive you can actually hear the blink of an eye, yet most background noise will not interfere with detection accuracy. Like all Superior AccuTrak® instruments, the VPE-GN easily detects leaks of ANY gas or refrigerant, compressed air, and even vacuum leaks.
The AccuTrak® VPE-GN Plus Kit is designed for technicians looking to take full advantage of all the VPE-GN's many capabilities. The VPE-GN Plus Kit includes everything in our Standard Kit – PLUS our powerful Burst Tone Sound Generator! The sophisticated Burst Tone can artificially pressurize any vessel or space with ultrasonic sound, allowing a technician to quickly scan for leaks even where there is no actual pressure differential!
The VPE-GN Plus Kit is ideal for technicians who test refrigerator door and window seals, or any other non-pressurized seal or vessel. The VPE-GN Plus Kit is also great for Energy Audits and Surveys, and finding air leaks and sources of air infiltration in homes, aircraft, ships, and buildings.
- Gooseneck Configuration: Allows operator to get accurate readings in hard to reach places.
- Audio Output: 0 Hz to 4 kHz Natural Sound conversion allows you to Hear the Leak, and distinguish leaks from mechanical or other background ultrasound.
- Visual Output:10 element bar graph provides quick and intuitive visual indication to presence of and relative strength of ultrasound.
- Adjustable Sensitivity: Allows operator to quickly identify leaks from a distance, and then zero in on the exact location of the leak.
- Leak Detection: Air, Vacuum, Refrigerants; any gas!
- Capable of detecting a 5 psi leak out of a 0.005" (5/1000 inch) hole, 20 to 30 feet away depending on background noise.
- Easily detects any gas that generates ultrasonic sound during flow - including vacuum leaks.
- Capable of detecting leaks equivalent to 1.5 oz/year of Refrigerant.
- Works equally well for compressed Air or Nitrogen.
- Not affected by wind or high concentrations of leaked gas or refrigerant.
AccuTrak® VPEAdvantages Versus Sniffers:
- Is a much more accurate and reliable instrument for detecting single and multiple leaks.
- Can detect any type of refrigerant gas including nitrogen.
- Detects both vacuum and pressure leaks.
- Is effective in gas saturated areas and under windy conditions.
- Does not require the introduction of tracer gases into the system, which can be ozone depleting when vented, and can also be harmful to ones health.
- Is battery powered for cordless operation
AccuTrak® VPEAdvantages versus other Ultrasonic Leak Detectors:
- Is #1 in technology. We wrote the book on ultrasonic leak detection, our patented instruments lead the industry!
- Is the original! it is not a copy.
- Is the most durable unit available, with the best warranty. The face of the unit is sealed with no pin holes/speakers for foreign objects to enter.
- Has more dynamic range, and wont overload in loud areas.
- Gives true audio sound reproduction instead of the "beeps and squeals" of other instruments.