Smart Functionality, Durability, OHAUS Quality and Value
The OHAUS DefenderTM 5000 Series is a feature-rich line of bench scales, combining an ABS plastic T51P indicator with square, painted steel base and column. Ideal for shipping and receiving, production, packaging and general commercial and industrial weighing applications, the Defender 5000 offers a multifunctional indicator with multiple weighing units and software modes to meet the requirements of industrial and lab applications. With rugged construction, comprehensive yet intuitive software and multiple connectivity options, the Defender 5000 can meet the needs of demanding industrial operations.
Standard Features Include:
- Painted steel base with ABS indicator
- 10,000-12,500d default resolution
- 1:5,000 NTEP Certified / Measurement Canada Approved resolution
- Quick display of results using large LCD with high-contrast white backlight
- Temporary display of 10x readability in weighing mode using quick key press
- Easy to operate with 4-key membrane keypad with raised tactile keys
- Weighs in one or more units: kg, g, lb, oz, lb:oz (decimal), metric tonnes and user-definable custom unit
- Multiple weighing modes including Counting, Percent Weighing, Dynamic/Animal Weighing, Checkweighing, and Display Hold
- Internal power supply with universal line cord or 6 "C" batteries (80 hour battery life) - optional NiMH internal rechargeable power pack available
- Includes RS232 interface with GMP/GLP data output including date and time
- Base and indicator connected using quick connect plug
The Defender 5000 Offers Multiple Features and Easy Configuration:
To meet different operational needs, the Defender 5000 includes a suite of configurable software:
- Counting mode for packaging and inventory control, enabling counting into a container or out of a container for bulk operations. Supports a maximum counting resolution to 1:300,000 (minimum APW equal to 0.1d), selectable auto- optimization of average piece weight (APW). APW data can be displayed at any time using a quick key press.
- Percent Weighing mode for formulation and mixing applications, with display of reference weight with quick key press.
- Dynamic/Animal Weighing with selectable weigh times from 0-60 seconds
- Checkweighing function for packaging and weight checking, with display of results using LCD display and red/yellow/green LEDs. Audible beeper can be configured to prompt when weight is within range, under, over, or under or over range. Target weight values can be displayed at any time using a quick key press.
- Display Hold mode for weighing large packages holds last stable weight on display until cleared
- The Defender 5000 weighs in one or more user-selectable units: kg, g, lb, oz, lb:oz (decimal), metric tonnes and user-definable custom unit
- Supports GMP/GLP data output with date, time user ID, project ID and scale ID. The Defender 5000 features selectable print options for data and print format
- To limit operator access to functions, the Defender 5000 offers both software lockouts for menu items as well as individual key functions.