Certified Salt Refractometer with 0-100 ppt ATC
Place a drop or two of a sample on the prism and read the results
- Carrying Case
- Transfer Pipette
- Distilled Water
- Instruction Manual
- Registration Card
- Certificate of calibration
Sper Scientific portable refractometers work in ambient light with no battery or other power source necessary. A refractometer measures the extent to which light is bent (refracted) through a liquid sample. They are commonly used to help identify or confirm the identity of a sample, assess the purity of a sample, or determine the concentration of a solute in a solution.
They can be used in labs, on production lines, in the field or anywhere. Simply place a drop or two of a sample on the prism and read the results immediately. With reasonable care, their reliability, precision, and optical performance will last forever. All Sper Scientific refractometers come complete with:
- Rubber coated hand grip and construction, which insulate the test solution from inaccuracies caused by the user's body heat.
- Covered eye piece and bright, clearly defined scale, with large easy-to-read measurements.
- All the accessories for immediate use, including calibration tools and solutions, full instructions, transfer pipettes and protective cases.
This refractometer features Automatic Temperature Compensation (ATC), which makes manual temperature corrections unnecessary. Double scale in parts per thousand and specific gravity.
- Salt content in sea water aquariums, breeding ponds, or pickling-brines
- Scale is calibrated for sodium chloride, it can also be used for calcium chloride, barium cobalt, magnesium, cesium, potassium, sodium chloride, cupric sulfate, potassium iodide, citric acid, and acetic acid (vinegar), when tested against a known standard.