Monitor only, without sensors
The Watermark Monitor is a Data Logger; a device that automatically records soil moisture readings. This reading history provides a vivid picture of the soil moisture profile your irrigation practices have created. The data can be evaluated to determine ways to improve irrigation scheduling for optimum results.
Individual sensor readings display on the monitor and can be taken manually at any time. The in-field display allows you to make on-the-spot checks for scheduling purposes while periodic readings are automatically taken to record the performance history.
- Automatically reads the following sensor types - Watermark Soil Moisture Sensors, Soil Temperature Sensors, Switch Closures, Tipping Bucket Rain Gauges (adapter required), Electronic Output Irrometer Soil Moisture Indicators (adapter required), Remote sensing unit Irrometer Soil Moisture indicators (adapter required), Voltage Inputs
- Eight Sensor capacity
- User selectable reading frequency
- In-field display of current readings
- User creates unique names for identifying logger and sensors
- Weatherproof enclosure with two strain relief fittings for wiringconnections, predrilled mounting hole pattern
- Watergraph software included for graphic data display on a Windows computer
- Battery powered
The Watermark Monitor is user-programmed for the individual characteristics of the site being monitored using WaterGraph Software WG3 for 900 Series Monitors
- A unique location name
- Automatically take readings from once a minute to once a day
- A unique name for each sensor being read
- The date and time you want readings to begin
- Averaging features
- The selection of sensor type for each input port:
- Watermark Soil Moisture Sensor
- Temperature Sensor (Fahrenheit or Centigrade)
- Switch position
- Irrometer Model RSU (4-20mA transducer)*
- Irrometer Model E*
- Electronic pressure gauges
- Rain Gauge
Stored readings are downloaded to a computer for display.
The Watergraph software (dowloadable link provided to the end user's email), included with the Watermark Monitor, is used to set up your individual site profile, launch the datalogger, download recorded history and graphically display the results. The data file created can also be opened by some spreadsheet or graphing programs, including Microsoft Excel.
The graphs illustrate the trends of soil moisture at two different depths in the root zone. This graphical representation makes it easier to interpret the site conditions as you schedule irrigations. Proper management of the soil moisture will produce better quality and higher yield crops, while often saving water and labor costs. Irrigation events can also be displayed as indicated by the background vertical bar graph.
Data from the Watermark Monitor can be downloaded directly to a laptop computer in the field, transferred by a Data Shuttle or retrieved remotely via telemetry. Radio and cellular telemetry are available as options that can be purchased with a monitor, or easily retrofitted to an existing monitor already installed.