Electric Alarm Unit for Safety Stations with Amber Light, Horn & Remote Sensing
- Weatherproof Amber Globe with Protective Grid
- Weatherproof Alarm Horn
- 5' (1524 mm) Flexible Cord
- 3 Prong Cord Connection Point
- Weatherproof Junction Box
- Weatherproof Flow Switch (125 VAC, 5 amp Max, Double Pole, Double Throw)
- 1-1/4" NPT Female Inlet
- Mounting Bracket
- 120 VAC, 0.8 Amp (Based On 75 Watt Bulb Supplied) Incoming Power Supplied By Others (Connection Size: 3/4" NPT)
- (2) 1/4"-20 U-Bolts For 1-1/4" Ips Pipe
Application: Alarm units serve two important functions when installed in conjunction with emergency eyewash and shower equipment. First, alarms serve to alert facility personnel that an accident has occurred and that assistance to the user may be required. Second, alarms deter unintended or malicious operation of the emergency equipment. For this reason, they are advisable in schools and other areas where the possibility of vandalism is present. Alarms are activated by a flow switch that senses the movement of water in the supply line when the safety unit is activated. Once activated, the bright light turns on and the horn sounds loudly.
Installation: Unit is designed for use with combination safety stations, and can be mounted on either the vertical pipe of the station or on a wall adjacent to the unit. 120 volt, 0.8 amp electrical supply is required.
Visual Signal: Weatherproof amber beacon light with shatter-resistant lens and protective metal grid.
Audible Signal: Weatherproof horn delivers distinctive, urgent signal. Volume is preset at 100 db at 10 feet. An adjustment screw on the front of horn allows adjustment of output sound level.
Remote Monitoring: When emergency unit is actuated, light and horn activate and electrical signal is sent to remote monitoring location.
Flow Switch: 1-1/4" IPS double pole, double throw flow switch for connection to monitoring system. Switch senses flow of water when either the eyewash or shower is activated. Flow switch must be installed with tee fitting in horizontal position, flow switch body in vertical position and at least 6" from closest fitting. Direction of flow is marked on switch body.
Mounting: Furnished complete with bracket for mounting on vertical pipe or wall, junction box and 5 foot flexible, cord and receptacle. Electrical connection by others.
Quality Assurance: Unit is fully assembled, wired and factory tested prior to shipment.
- Flow Switch is Designed to Activate at 2.4 Gpm & Deactivate at 2.0 Gpm.
- Flow Switch Must Be Installed Vertically in a Horizontal Pipe Run, Upstream of Unit & at Least 6" From Fitting.
- Sound Output on Horn is Adjustable From 0 Db to 100 Db at 10 Feet.