AST-SEAL Std - Anaerobic Pipe Sealants with PTFEAST-SEAL
™ Std (Standard Grade)
is a general-purpose pipe sealant providing an instant permanent seal that cures in the absence of air to lock threads securely. Withstands temperatures from -65° to 300°F (-54° to 149°C) continuous, 375°F (191°C) intermittent.
Pressure Range :
Seals to 1000 psi immediately after application and up to the burst rating of a typical pipe after curing. Will not clog small openings typically found in hydraulic systems.
Features and Benefits :
- Superior to other anaerobic sealants.
- Prevents vibration loosening.
- Does not clog filters, valves, or gauges.
- Seals pipes including 3" and larger.
- Lubricates and prevents corrosion, seizing, and galling.
- Low-locking strength provides for disassembly.
- Easy adjustment up to 16 hours after assembly.
- Not volatile or flammable.
Most metal threads, particularly steel and brass, ideal for fittings, pipes, valves, gauges, and connections in hydraulic, pneumatic, lubrication, steam, and refrigerant systems. Inert to most industrial hazards and hydrocarbons (gasoline, diesel fuel, etc.), most acids, chemicals, solvents, and gases.