Vaisala HUMICAP® Humidity and Temperature Probe HMP155
- Vaisala HUMICAP®180R sensor - superior long-term stability
- Optional warmed humidity probe and chemical purge
- USB-connection cable for service use
- fits in DTR13 and DTR502/503 radiation shields and also in the Stevenson screen
- Weather-proof housing IP66
- Optional fast temperature probe
- Different output possibilities: voltage, RS-485, resistive Pt100
- Applications: meteorology, aviation and road weather, instrumentation
The Vaisala HUMICAP® Humidity and Temperature Probe HMP155 provides reliable humidity and temperature measurement. It is designed especially for demanding outdoor applications.
The HMP155 has the proven Vaisala HUMICAP®180R sensor that has excellent stability and withstands well harsh environments. The probe structure is solid and the sensor is protected by default with a sintered teflon filter, which gives maximum protection against liquid water, dust, and dirt.
Warmed Probe and High Humidity Environment
Measuring humidity reliably is challenging in environments where humidity is near saturation. Measurements may be corrupted by fog, mist, rain, and heavy dew. A wet probe may not give an accurate measurement in the ambient air.
This is an environment to which Vaisala has designed a patented, warmed probe for reliable measuring. As the sensor head is warmed continuously, the humidity level inside it stays below the ambient level. Thus, it also reduces the risk of condensation forming on the probe.
With its fast response time, the additional temperature probe for the HMP155 is ideal for measurement in environments with changing temperatures. The new membrane filter speeds up the RH measurement.