TPI Flue Gas/Combustion Analyzer 717
- TPI 717 Instrument
- Rubber Boot (A765)
- Soft Carrying Case (A768)
- Flue Sampling Probe (A770)
- In-Line Filter assembly installed on Flue probe (A796)
- Temperature Probe (GK11M)
- Mini Pump Protection Filter Assembly and spare filters (A763)
- Exhaust Spigot (removable) (A764)
- Instruction Manual
TPI Model 717 Flue Gas Analyzer.The TPI 717 Combustion Analyzer is a state of the art, easy to use analyzer designed not only to display and calculate the required readings from a flue but also to cover most of the other desirable parameters associated with appliance installation and maintenance.
Fast purge and the ability to perform fuel selection during start up enable tests to be performed quickly without requiring extra set-up time after initial startup. TPI analyzers also use the last selected fuel as the default setting. This feature prevents the need to perform fuel selection every time the analyzer is turned on.
The TPI 717 combustion analyzer is a state of the art, easy to use analyzer designed not only to display and calculate the required readings from a flue but also to cover most of the other measurements associated with combustion. The instrument is ruggedly constructed and comes with a 3 Year unit and 2 Year sensor Guarantee.
The TPI 717 combustion analyzer uses field replaceable state of the art electrochemical sensors. This sensor technology provides the longest lasting, most accurate and reliable means for performing combustion tests. The sensors in your analyzer will need to be replaced periodically and calibration is recommended once every year.
Electrochemical sensors by nature are always active. Therefore the time the analyzer is off and not being used must be taken into account when determining sensor life. The sensors in your analyzer are warranted for two years. This warranty does not cover sensors damaged through misuse of the analyzer.
You should keep the batteries of your 717 fresh so power is constantly being supplied to your sensors.
The following guidelines will help prevent damage to your sensors:
- Always use the mini pump filter when testing flue gases.
- Always periodically check and replace the mini pump filter as needed.
- Always make sure the in-line filter / water trap is installed properly.
- Always periodically check and replace the in-line filter as needed.
- Always remove water or condensation from the inside of the in-line filter / water trap assembly prior to performing tests.
- Always use the optional oil filter (p/n A773) when performing tests on oil burning equipment.
Never over saturate your sensors by performing tests on equipment with gas levels beyond the capability of you analyzer.
Always keep the A796 water trap / filter assembly clean and replace the filter as necessary. Replacement filter part number is A762F.
Quick and Simple Set Up
All TPI analyzers feature quick and simple set up. Fast purge and the ability to performfuel selection during start up enable tests to be performed quickly without requiring extra set-up time after initial startup. TPI analyzers also use the last selected fuel as the default setting. This feature prevents the need toper form fuel selection every time the analyzer is turned on.
- Built-in differential manometer with 0.001” H2O resolution
- Calculates combustion efficiency
- Pump driven for fast response
- Will not shut off if 15 ppm CO is present for increased safety
- Optional A740 IR printer available for hard copies of test results
- Built-in differential thermometer
- Store function to save up to 100 readings
- Push on fittings for fast and easy use
- Large easy to read backlit display
- 11 selectable fuels
The TPI 717 Flue Gas Analyzer has the following options available
- Infrared Printer (A740)
- Spare In-Line Filter (A762F is a package of 5 filters)
- Field replaceable smart CO sensor (A760S)
- Field replaceable smart O2 sensor (A761S)
Features & Benefits
- 10,000 ppm CO Sensor: Longer Life & Quicker Recovery Times after Combustion Tests
- In-Line Water Trap Bowl Filter: Prevent additional servicing costs due to damaged sensors caused by water ingress
- In-Line Mini Pump Protection Filter: Prevent additional servicing costs due to blocked pump caused by dust/dirt ingress
- Multi-Fuel: Not limited to the type of jobs you can accept to work on
- Soft Carry Case: Keeps your equipment & accessories together & secure in one handy place
- Diagnostic Software: Save time & money by preventing the need to return the analyzer for unnecessary repairs
- Readings Output to (Optional) IR Printer: Keep permanent print-outs of recorded readings for your records & the customers
- 3 Year Unit & 2 Year Sensor Guarantee: Complete peace of mind over the life of the analyzer
- CO Build Up Test Software: Save time by having the analyzer record the CO Build Up levels in a Room
- Tightness Test Software: Save time by having the analyzer record the Test Pressure Readings
Rubber Boot:Protects the instrument from accidental damage
Display:Large 3 Parameter backlit LCD Display
Battery Condition Icon:Shows condition of batteries.
Keypad:Selects all available functions
Selected Fuel Type:N GAS, LPG, LIGHT OIL, HEAVY OIL, OPT 1 (Bituminous Coal), OPT 2 (Anthracite Coal), OPT 3 (Coke), OPT 4 (Butane), OPT 5 (Wood), OPT 6 (Bagasse)
NOTE: When selecting oil as fuel be sure to use the optional oil filter (A773) or readings could become erratic. See Appendix E for installation instructions.
Sample and Pressure Inlet Ports:Connection for Flue Probe; Connection for Mini Pump Protection ; Connection for pressure tubing
Calibration and Information Label:Displays calibration information and serial number
Battery Compartment:Holds 3 AA Alkaline Batteries
Rubber Boot:Protects the instrument
Smart Sensor Access:For field replaceable sensors
Exhaust Port:Port for connection of Exhaust Adapter
Infrared Window:Window for sending stored data to IR Printer
Rubber Boot:Protects the instrument from accidental damage
T1 Socket:Connection for thermocouple plug on flue probe; Connection for any 'K' type thermocouple probe
T2 Socket:Connection for ambient 'K' type thermocouple probe; Connection for any 'K' type thermocouple probe
Gas Sample Port:Connection for Mini Pump Protection Filter and Flue
P (+) PortConnections for Pressure Tubing
P (-) Port
Analyzer Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use my analyzer on Oil Fired Appliances?
Yes.Please ensure that the analyzer is set to the correct fuel and that the additional oil filter (A773) is fitted. It is also recommended to use a smoke pump before performing any analyzer test.NOTE:Do not use the A773 oil filter if an NO/NOx sensor is fitted
Can I use my analyzer to perform Tightness Tests?
Yes.All TPI Flue Gas analyzer models have pressure which will allow all types of pressure testing to be performed; the 716 has in-built software which makes Tightness Testing even easier to perform.
Can I read Flow & Return Temperatures with a TPI analyzer?
Yes.All TPI Flue Gas analyzer models have Differential Temperature (Dual Inputs) which enables 2 temperatures to be taken at the same time and the difference calculated and displayed.