Line-to-DC Converter for PS3000
Summit Technology's Line-to-DC Converter [order LDC3] accessory converts virtually any utility power (100-600 VAC, 50-60 Hz) to 12 VDC in order to power the PS3000 Energy Analyzer. The major benefit of the LDC is that power can be obtained directly from power mains without requiring local 120 VAC outlets or extension cords.
The LDC3 enhances the reliability of PowerSight® during extended monitoring operation since the power source of the logger is not derived from an outlet that may be switched off by other personnel. If a power outage occurs, the internal rechargeable batteries will continue uninterrupted operation for 8-10 hours. With the LDC3, it will keep the PowerSight charged and running as long as its source is running. This provides a portable and powerful package for true three-phase analysis of power on rooftops, electrical rooms, and remote equipment sites.
The LDC connects directly to line voltages via fused safety clips. Its output is a cable with phono jack output that supplies unregulated 12VDC up to 35 mA.
The two inputs can be freely connected to any two phases or neutral, from 100 to 600 VAC, from 50 to 60 Hz without affecting the output, providing foolproof operation and maximum flexibility.
Safety is promoted by fused input leads, insulated grabber jaws, and remote jaw actuators that keep fingers 3 inches away from the hot voltage while attaching the LDC2.
The unit comes in a die cast metal box suitable for use in an industrial environment.
- Electrical room monitoring where a 120V outlet jack is not available for your charger
- monitoring where an extension cord from a 120V outlet jack would be a safety hazard
- Monitoring on a rooftop, power pole, or pad
- reliable charging for the PS3000 when there is concern that an available 120V outlet jack may be switched off by other personnel
- simplified monitoring connections