SpectroDirect Spectrophotometer for water and waste water testing 330 - 900 nm. Applications: Waste Water, Drinking Water, Industrial Process Water, Scientific & Research, Governmental and Private Laboratories.
The SpectroDirect is a modern single-beam spectrophotometer with an excellent price/performance ratio that is specifically designed for water testing.
The instrument is equipped with a wide range of pre-programmed methods based on the proven range of Lovibond tube tests, tablet reagents, liquid reagents and powder reagents.
- SpectroDirect in aluminium case
- Power supply unit 100 - 240 V
- serial cable for connection to a PC
- Magnetic pin
- 2 batteries (AA)
- Energy station
- Replacement lamp
- 12 round vials with lids, 24 mm ∅
- 10 round vials with lids, 16 mm ∅
- 2 rectangular cells, 10 mm path length
- 2 rectangular cells, 50 mm path length
- Plastic stirring rod, 13 cm
- Manufacturers test certificate M
- Warranty information
- Instruction manual
- Wavelength range from 330 to 900 nm
- Interface RS232
- Large illuminated graphic display>
- Touch-sensitive film keypad with logical layout
- Use of round vials and rectangular cells of different sizes without adapter
- 35 user-specific methods
- Fast, easy lamp change
- Software updates via internet
- Pre-programmed Lovibond methods
- Spectral data recording
- User calibration (polynomials)
- Concentration (linear)
After it is switched on, the SpectroDirect automatically performs a self-test - beginning with a function test of the stepper motor and the halogen lamp, followed by an optics test. For this purpose, the unit has a built-in didymium glass filter.
This filter checks the correct wavelength setting. If the wavelengths are incorrect, the optical system is automatically adjusted during the self-test.
The SpectroDirect is a single-beam spectral photometer (see illustration). The light source is a tungsten halogen lamp with flash function. The lamp is switched on only momentarily during of the measurement process1), so there is no need for a warm-up period. The SpectroDirect is ready to perform a self-test as soon as it is switched on.
The light passes through an entry slot to the monochromator, where it is split into spectral ranges. The monochromator is a holographically produced, transparent grating. The movable mirror ensures that light of the desired wavelength is focused automatically so that it passes through the exit slot, into the sample chamber and therefore through the water sample. The light that is not absorbed by the sample travels to the silicon photodiode detector. This signal is then evaluated by a microprocessor and shown as a result in the display.
This spectrophotometer can be tested using a Secondary Standard Filter Set which is N.I.S.T. traceable. Furthermore the instrument may be calibrated for each method in a “user calibration mode” with N.I.S.T. traceable standards.