GALEP-5D is a high end universal device programmer for heavy-duty use in production and development. Its unique module concept for sockets with up to 240 pins, its dual USB and LAN port and its stand alone capability make it the ideal solution for almost all programming tasks.
- GALEP-5D device
- DIL-48 module
- Ethernet & Mini USB cables
- AC adaptor
- CD with manual and software
- Dual USB
- LAN ported
- Master Module System
- Up to 240 pin capacity
- Pin driver ICs
- 128 MB on-board data RAM Script Controlled
- JTAG Debugger
- Open Source Firmware
- Windows and Linux
- 64,000 Devices
- 1 Cent per Device!
- Production class: Run GALEP-5D from a command line, or implement GALEP commands in your own production software.
- Programmer can be completely controlled by a set of powerful batch commands.
- Debugs all MCU's with JTAG interface - via OpenOCD (On Chip Debugger) - ARM7, ARM9, XScale, and Cortex-M3 MCUs.
- Single unit or Ganged Array operation (any number of GALEP-5 programmers can be chained into a ganged array).
- Stand alone, Ganged array and/or Network operation - via Ethernet - access from any PC in network. Any number of GALEP-5D's can be combined to created a Gang programmer. Different modes of operation supported:
- Normal programming mode. Connect GALEP-5D via USB2 or Ethernet to the PC - run from PC via Galep software.
- Script remote control mode. Control all ops - device select, file load, buffer ops., programming - completely from production software, or from batch files with script commands, in a C-based language.
- Server based stand alone mode. Data stored on a PC within the LAN. To program device, just insert and press start button.
GALEP-5D TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
- Format: ca. 118x172x22mm (+7mm socket)
- Weight: ca. 750 g, single block aluminium case
- DIL Module with 48-pin ZIF socket included
- Front start button for production mode
- Programs low-voltage components down to 1.3V
- Mini USB 2.0 high-speed port, plus Ethernet 10/100 port
- SD memory card slot for special purposes
- 128 MB internal data RAM
- 200 MIPS ARM-9 RISC processor, 8 MB Flash
- Hardware acceleration through 4 FPGAs (50K gates, 64Kb RAM)
- 3 linear voltage regulators for internal power supply
- 4 switching regulators for programming voltages
- 2 linear voltage regulators for logic levels and input threshold
- 2 Microcontrollers for internal voltage monitoring
- 8-channel D/A converter, 16-channel A/D converter
- Embedded Linux inside
- Windows 2000 / XP / Vista / Win 7 / Win 8 / Linux
- USB 1.0 or USB 2.0 port, or Ethernet port
GALEP-5D can program all devices (EPROM, Flash, PLD, EPLD, GAL, PALCE, PIC, MCU etc.) with up to 240 pins. More than 64,000 devicesare currently supported (GALEP-5D device list). Additionally, GALEP'sJTAG player can program SVF/JAM data into all existing and future devices that have a JTAG port. If you need a device that's not yet in the list, please use our free Device on Demand Service - we'll implement any programmable device usually within 2..4 weeks. ULTRA-COMPACT DESIGN
GALEP-5D is packed into an extremely rigid, but lightweight single-block milled-aluminium case. The wallet-sized unit weighs only 750g / 1.65 lbs.
GALEP-5D is uncompromisingly designed for speed, offering the highest performance of all programmers on the market today. An internal 200 MIPS ARM-9 processor under Embedded Linux handles communication and programming. Up to 4 FPGA (user-programmable logic) devices control the 240 pin drivers and support hardware acceleration of the programming algorithms through state machines and UARTs. A MB91F467 Microcontroller by Fujitsu (8 MBit) needs only 19 seconds for a serial program/verify cycle; 256 MBit NOR Flash (28F256P30) is programmed and verified in 170 seconds. The internal 128 MByte RAM serves as data storage and allows to transfer the data only once for programming multiple devices.
240 UNIVERSAL PIN DRIVERS
A universal pin driver concept with as many pins as possible reduces the number of required adapters and thus minimizes the overall costs of the programming system. GALEP's custom-designed universal pin driver IC guarantees optimal signal quality at the output pins, and allows the small size and low power consumption of all GALEP programmers. Each of the 240 pins can generate the following signals:
- Logical high between 1.2V .. 5.0V
- Logical input, threshold 0.5V ... 5.0V
- Three programming voltages between 1.3V .. 25.0V
- Three switchable resistors for pullup and pulldown
- Adjustable clock rate
The switching regulators for the programming voltages are controlled by D/A converters in 100 mV steps. Further D/A converters control the logic levels and the input threshold. For maximum protection of the programmable device, all voltages are permanently monitored by an independent circuit.
STAND ALONE, GANG AND NETWORK OPERATION
- Through its Ethernet connector, GALEP-5D can be accessed from any PC in the network. An arbitrary number of GALEPs can be combined to aGang programmer. Different modes of operation are supported:
- Normal programming mode. Connect GALEP through USB2 or Ethernet to your PC, and run the Galep5 or the new GalepX software.
- Script remote control mode. Control all GalepX operations - device selection, file loading, buffer operations, programming - completely from your production software or from batch files with script commands in a C-based language.
- Server based stand alone mode.* In this mode, GALEP's setup and programming data is stored on a PC in the LAN. For programming just connect GALEP to the LAN, insert the device and press the start button. * Avaliable with a future software update.
IN SYSTEM PROGRAMMING
The signals for in-system programming (ISP) can be taken from a separately available ISP adapter or directly from the 48-pin ZIF socket. The help system provides information about the wiring of the target system for all supported components. With the multiboard adapter, GALEP-5D can connect up to 32 MCU boards and program them simultaneously!
- The software runs under Windows 95, 98, ME, NT4, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, and Linux. Besides basic functions such as erase, read, program and compare, split and shuffle, it features easy-to-use configuration options for any special functions required by the selected device. The software supports all common file formats, such as binary, Hex, JEDEC, and JTAG. Mass production is supported by providing statistics functions and serial number generation.
- The software is permanently improved for supporting new components (device list).
- Delete, program and verify all devices with JTAG interface (Joint Test Action Group, IEEE Std. 1149.1), even when they are not yet included in the device list. GALEP's universal JTAG player supports files in SVF/XSVF (Xilinx) format or in JAM byte code player format (ALTERA).
- Debug all Microcontrollers with JTAG interface that are supported by the included OpenOCD (On Chip Debugger) software - ARM7, ARM9, XScale, and Cortex-M3 MCUs. The chip to debug is simply put into GALEP's programming socket or connected with GALEP through a cable or ISP adapter.
- Define test algorithms for in circuit testing of complete circuit boards (Boundary Scan) for small series production. This way your GALEP-5D becomes a complete development, test and production system!
Prior to each function, GALEP checks the power consumption, correct positioning, and the contacts of all pins of the selected component. This prevents accidental damage to the component or the device.