Fiber Optic Network Bypass Switch, Multimode ST. Provides failover switching for fiber optic nodes.
- Helps ensure maximum uptime for fiber network devices.
- Switches data automatically to bypass a failed node in an optical ring network.
- Durable and reliable. Tested to more than 1,000,000 cycles.
- Includes two power supplies; supports redundant power.
- Operates transparent to data rates, protocols, and formats.
- Simple to set up and use.
This reliable non-latching optical switch automatically and seamlessly switches data to bypass a failed node on an optical ring network. Easy to set up, the switch has two network downstream ports and two upstream network ports (N1 and N2), and two "customer" (C1 and C2) ports. When active, each of the two full-duplex ports on the network side link to their respective ports on the customer side of the switch.
However, if power fails or is removed from the attached device, the Fiber Optic Network Bypass Switch automatically connects the network ports together and disconnects the two customer ports. This way, data bypasses the customer equipment, with the optical network ring passing data to the next node on the network.
When power is restored, the network ports reconnect automatically to their respective customer ports.