2-Port USB Hub, RS-232/RS-422/RS-485. Connect your non-USB peripherals to your USB bus!
- Use an external USB connection to get the extra COM ports you need.
- Make serial connections easy by putting your peripherals on your PC's USB bus!
- No more internal serial adapters! Keep your serial peripheral connections on your PC's exterior.
- Supports USB version 1.1.
- Powered by the USB bus.
- Data rates up to 460.8 kbps for RS-232 and 921 kbps for RS-422/RS-485.
- No I/O ports or IRQs required.
- Windows 98/Me/XP and Windows 2000 compatible.
Why install an internal serial adapter to get extra COM ports when using an external USB connection makes more sense? Our USB Hubs convert your serial devices to USB-adaptable peripherals without sacrificing serial connection speeds.
The hubs feature high-speed UARTs with 128-byte FIFO transmit buffers and 384-byte FIFO receive buffers. With data rates of up to 921 kbps for RS-422/485 and 460 kbps for RS-232, these hubs are among the fastest USB serial devices in the industry!
They're also ideal for connecting devices in harsh environments where communication lines may be affected by noise and voltage spikes. Not only do the USB Hubs give you industrial-quality serial connections, but they also support automatic RS-485 data enable/disable and include a DB9 connector that's backward-compatible with PCI and ISA RS-422 products.
The USB Hubs connect easily to peripheral serial devices in external plug-and-play fashion. Because they're hot-swappable, you can install them without having to power down your PC.
Each hub comes with all necessary drivers, utilities, and help files for quick setup in Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows 2000, and Windows XP operating systems. Simply load the included software drivers, then connect the hub to your USB port and a serial device (printer, bar-code scanner, etc.). The hub even autoconfigures itself, enabling hassle-free, seamless integration into your existing application.