MultiPower Miniature Media Converter, 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T to 1000BASE-ssLX, Single-Strand, Single-Mode, 1550-nm TX/1490-nm RX, 60 km, SC
- Converts 10-, 100-, or 1000-Mbps copper to 1000-Mbps single-mode fiber operating at 1490- and 1550-nm wavelengths.
- Because it uses only a single strand of fiber, you can maximize the use of your fiber infrastructure.
- Must be used as a pair with LGC130A-R2.
- True Layer 2 media conversion from copper to fiber.
- Compact size - measures just 0.8"H x 1.8"W x 3.4"D.
- Powered by a universal AC power supply, a PC’s USB port, or the optional rackmountable PowerTray.
- Auto MDI/MDI-X means you never need to worry about what kind of cable to use
Bring fiber to the desktop, even to very remote locations. This single-strand fiber media converter enables you to make two Ethernet connections over a duplex fiber cable, so you need to run less fiber.
Black Box® Miniature Media Converters make it easy to bring fiber to the desktop. Just connect a Miniature Media Converter to your PC’s copper port with a CAT5e cable, then connect a fiber cable to the converter’s other side. That’s all there is to it! Best of all, you can tuck these tiny converters unobtrusively behind your PC.
This single-mode single-strand fiber converter supports distances of up to 60 kilometers (37.3 mi.) over a single fiber strand. Maximum fiber use plus autosensing 10/100/1000 ports make this an extremely versatile choice for your fiber infrastructure.
This converter is a Layer 2 media converter. Layer 2 media converters increase network efficiency and reduce network overhead, significantly increasing data throughput. Because Layer 2 media converters are also switches, they incorporate 10/100 or 10/100/1000 ports in contrast to the single-speed ports of Layer 1 converters. You can set the RJ-45 ports for autonegotiation or set them for 10-, 100-, or 1000-Mbps speed as well as for half- or full-duplex. The fiber port can be set for half- or full-duplex, too.