Heavy-Duty Edge Switch, Hardened, (5) Copper + (1) Fiber Single-Mode, 100-240-VAC with IEC, LC
- For industrial environments.
- Feature one fiber and five copper ports to expand your network.
- Tough steel case.
- RJ-45 ports support autonegotiation, so you can easily attach any 10- or 100-Mbps device.
- Available with many types of AC and DC power supplies.
- Support both half- and full-duplex operation.
- Two sets of LEDs enable you to see status information from the front, top, or side.
- Support VLAN tagging and spanning tree passthrough.
- Include Link-Loss-Learn (LLL) feature for fast network recovery.
Unlike the Ethernet switches in your wiring closet or computer center, the Ethernet switches at the edges of your network have to put up with the bumps and dirt that happen out in the real world. This is where Heavy-Duty Edge Switches from Black Box come in.
The switches featured here are our Hardened models. But we also offer Standard and Extreme versions of our Heavy-Duty Edge Switches. Because all three types work together seamlessly, you can use the inexpensive Standard Switches in protected office environments and choose the more robust Hardened or Extreme Heavy-Duty Edge Switches for harsh locations at your network's edge.
Ideal for use in dusty or dirty environments, Hardened Heavy-Duty Edge Switches are tough, 6-port Ethernet switches that enable you to expand your network into harsh factory floor environments. They're also rated for a temperature range of -13 and +140° F (-25 and +60° C), and their sturdy, metal case functions as a heat sink so no internal airflow is needed for cooling. A sealed case resists contaminants such as dust, dirt, moisture, smoke, and insects.